Location: Livermore, CA
This is an entry-level contract position in the Accounting Department. This position is responsible for daily item processing, purchasing and other basic accounting functions. Position responsibilities may periodically vary based on new technologies and regulations.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily:
- Daily item processing
- Purchasing and inventory control Process member returned deposit checks
- Assists with daily financial reports
- Assists with daily wire initiation, posting and verification
- Assists with department filing, filming, coping or encoding
- Assists with department research projects
- Assists with department data entry and G/L posting
- Assists with department reconciliations
- Accounts Payable Processing
- Assists in maintaining record retention of Accounting Department
- Assists with member account corrections and maintenance
- Other miscellaneous duties as required
- Follows established safety policies and procedures as outlined in the Illness & Injury Prevention Program.
- Submits to initial and ongoing Bank Secrecy Act (BSA) compliance training. Incorporates current BSA regulations into applicable job functions.
Ability to use 10-key calculator by touch
Ability to tactfully and professionally communicate with members and staff
Ability to accurately and efficiently perform detail work
Basic knowledge of accounting guidelines – some accounting classes and/or accounting experience Must be able to work both independently and as part of a team
Must be able to handle financial transactions honestly and confidentially
Good verbal, written and math skills
Proficient with spreadsheet and word processing software (Microsoft software preferred)
Degree in Accounting or related field preferred
Must be capable of working agreed work shift in the Accounting Department and of occasionally working before/after the work shift.
Physical activities include a combination of constant sitting, constant hand motion and occasional standing/walking. These activities are not necessarily performed to the same degree and combination every day.
Must be capable of lifting 20 pounds. Heavier items should be lifted and carried with assistance.