Location: Palo Alto, CA
Overview of position: The application analyst works with multiple clients in a complex educational environments. The application analyst will provide assistance with problem solving; perform analysis on business and technical issues. Deal directly with internal, external customers and vendors to build and maintain strong customer relations and partnerships.
- Monitor, document and resolve application software problems either directly or with the assistance of others
- Liaison with IT infrastructure regarding hardware, operation system, interfaces and network requirements to ensure application reliability, performance and recoverability. Fully document backup and ensure reliability as the application setups change.
- Troubleshoot and resolve issues with hardware, operation system software and third-party applications ability to analyze and escalate issues where necessary.
- Combines knowledge of core business activities and technical savvy to effectively design robust, scalable solutions.
- Communicate and provide update on all support incidents in the incident tracking system, and ensure that the SLA’s internally and with third party vendors are met.
- Communicate changes related to the software applications to clients directly on a timely basis.
- Knowledge of the system data model and assists with reporting and other data management needs
- Configure the application systems, per documented policies and procedures.
- Provide inventory and asset management and procurement support for both hardware and software.
- Arrange reports, manuals, and proposal bids related to application or special projects. The analyst must maintain and track databases for reporting purposes.
- Prepares contracts for particular projects and programs.
- Prepare project budgets through compiled data from previous projects or programs.
- Conducts research projects by gathering and analyzing information in order to take action on certain application functions.
- Manages special projects for the CIO including extensive analytics/reports on technical and business operations. Conducts research and drafts preliminary reports.
- Document installation and trouble shooting procedures for all approved software and make available to other members of the team.
- Understand and adhere to security policies and procedures, as they pertain to the application platform and data flow.
- Prepares presentations and formal business communications from rough drafts.
- Prepares reports for executive meetings.
- Coordinate queue, insures open tickets are assigned and resolves in accordance with service levels for each technical workgroup. Compile weekly reports for each workgroup.
- Bachelor’s degree Computer Science
- Minimum 4 years experience supporting business applications on an information technology team such as helpdesk or database-driven application support team. Experience supporting an ERP suite, or similar.
- Proactive customer based communications or support/customer service skills
- Experience in report development tools, Crystal Reports, Business Objects preferred
- Skilled in Microsoft applications, Excel, Access, Work, Outlook, Exchange
- Demonstrated experience in managing multiple complex programs and events, including setting schedules and meeting deadlines without supervision.
- Exceptional research skills and proficient analytical abilities.
- Self starter who can function efficiently and effectively in a fast-paced technical environment
- Knowledge of financial concepts and ability to perform financial analyses
- Established proficiency with MS PowerPoint, Excel, Outlook, Word and Visio
- Exemplifies positive enthusiasm with can do attitude. Works independently, shows initiative and takes ownership of all assignments to achieve positive results
- Excellent interpersonal and customer service skills with the ability to work collaboratively as a team member and cultivate positive working relationships at all levels of the department and organization
- Ability to compose documents in a well structured format.
- Excellent communication skills