Location: Monterey, CA
Overview of position: This position is responsible for building long-term, mutually beneficial relationships with prospective and current clients for Compliance purposes. The incumbent is expected to exercise initiative, discretion and independent judgment to identify best practices, consistency of policies, processes, and coordinate needed remediation.
- Compliance Processes – Coordinate responses to any requests from our customers regarding compliance – based on applicable regulations, contractual obligations, etc. Activities require working with the various internal departments to respond to requests from customers for informal clarification of processes, formal submission of questionnaires and attestations, and addressing follow-up questions and inquiries.
- Operational Audits: – Coordinate all aspects of audits/reviews conducted by our customers of our operations. Activities typically include initial outreach to the customer’s internal auditors to establish the parameters of the audit, coordination of audit activities with the various internal departments, collection and submission of documents requested prior to the audit, and participating in the “official” audit/review discussion. This requires coordination of schedules to ensure appropriate COMPANY staff is available for the event and coordinating with the scheduling to meet the needs of the customers and staff. Following the actual audit, review and comment on preliminary findings, review final findings and coordinate any corrective actions needed with the various internal departments.
- Emerging Compliance Concerns – Perform ongoing review of customer industries to ensure continued regulatory compliance by COMPANY. As vendors of our customers, we are contractually bound to maintain processes that are in compliance with these ever-changing rules and regulations. Ongoing review may include: interaction with Sales staff, review of key industry regulatory actions, monitoring of key regulatory trade associations, monitoring government websites and outreach and ongoing direct contact with State and Federal agencies and staff to determine proposed statutory and regulatory changes. Where a new change is being considered, providing input to governmental authorities on impacts to COMPANY attempting to influence the final regulation so that COMPANY is not adversely impacted.
- Sales Support – Provide ongoing assistance to the Sales Teams on any/all compliance issues so that they can expand sales through assuring customers through our “expertise” that COMPANY is the “ideal” solution to their needs.
- Minimum of 4 years’ of experience as an external or internal auditor
- Excellent oral and written communication
- Ability to work with all levels of people both internal and externally
- Excellent work ethics, work habits, and ability to maintain confidential and proprietary information.
- Strong organizational, project coordination, problem-solving and client-servicing
- Ability to gain overall knowledge of company operations
- Experience in the financial or healthcare sectors is a plus
- Comply with all company policies and procedures
- Maintain a professional appearance and high energy work environment
- Participate in proactive team efforts to achieve departmental and company goals
- Demonstrate a flexible “can do” attitude in work place assignments
- Perform other duties as assigned
- Constantly involves sitting, using hands to handle or feel, reaching with hands and arms, talking, and hearing
- Occasionally requires standing and walking
- Must have sufficient manual dexterity type in all Microsoft platforms
- Involves light physical activity performing non-strenuous daily activities of a primarily administrative nature