Location: Palo Alto, CA Promotes and implements human resource values by planning and managing human resources programs; directing staff.
Develops organization strategies by identifying and researching human resources issues; contributing information, analysis, and recommendations to organization strategic thinking and direction; establishing human resources objectives in line with organizational objectives.
Implements human resources strategies by establishing department accountabilities, including talent acquisition, staffing, employment processing, compensation, health and welfare benefits, training and development, records management, safety and health, succession planning, employee relations and retention, AA/EEO compliance, and labor relations.
Manages human resources operations by recruiting, selecting, orienting, training, coaching, counseling, and disciplining staff; planning, monitoring, appraising, and reviewing staff job contributions; maintaining compensation; determining production, productivity, quality, and customer-service strategies; designing systems; accumulating resources; resolving problems; implementing change.
Develops human resources operations financial strategies by estimating, forecasting, and anticipating requirements, trends, and variances; aligning monetary resources; developing action plans; measuring and analyzing results; initiating corrective actions; minimizing the impact of variances.
Accomplishes special project results by identifying and clarifying issues and priorities; communicating and coordinating requirements; expediting fulfillment; evaluating milestone accomplishments; evaluating optional courses of action; changing assumptions and direction.
- Supports management by providing human resources advice, counsel, and decisions; analyzing information and applications.
- Guides management and employee actions by researching, developing, writing, and updating policies, procedures, methods, and guidelines; communicating and enforcing organization values.
- Complies with federal, state, and local legal requirements by studying existing and new legislation; anticipating legislation; enforcing adherence to requirements; advising management on needed actions.
- Updates job knowledge by participating in conferences and educational opportunities; reading professional publications; maintaining personal networks; participating in professional organizations.
- Enhances department and organization reputation by accepting ownership for accomplishing new and different requests; exploring opportunities to add value to job accomplishments.
- Coach managers in creating and maintaining a work environment with high morale and productivity.
- Effectively manage and resolve very complex and confidential employee relations issues.
Develop progressive and proactive compensation and benefits programs to provide motivation, incentives and rewards for effective performance.
Provide programs that utilize an employee and company partnership for the short and long-range health and welfare protection of the employees.
Optimize vendor partnerships.
Oversees the development and administration of:
1. Benefits programs that are competitive and cost effective.
2. Compensation structures that are competitive and cost effective.
4. Compliance and reporting functions.
5. Mergers and acquisition transitioning.
6. Organizational structure and development of a diverse employee population.
7. Performance management and organization feedback.
8. Training and professional development.
9. Employee relations and culture building.
10. Employee recruitment and retention.
- Possesses a strategic focus as well as an operational, implementation and detail-oriented perspective, with a logical and methodological approach to problem solving.
- Demonstrates a strong ability as a strategic planner with sound technical skills, analytical ability, good judgment and strong operational focus with proven ability to effectively prioritize and organize.
- Detail oriented, logical, and methodological approach to problem solving
- Ability to relate to a diverse employee population at all levels of the organization, including responding effectively to the most sensitive inquiries or complaints.
- An excellent facilitator who is experienced in resolving conflicts between different parties to a dispute
- Superior written, verbal, listening presentation skills.
- Demonstrated capability to interface and maintain effective relationships with all departments and employees in a team-oriented environment
- Proven ability to establish credibility throughout the organization with management and the employees in order to be an effective listener and problem solver of people issues.
- Very strong proficiency using Microsoft Office.
- Ability to read, analyze, and interpret the most complex human resource related documents.