Location: Monterey, CA
Overview of position:
Responsible for handling the buying, planning, controlling, analyzing, and coordination of packing supplies for various facilities
- Set and maintain inventory target levels of packaging while understanding related costs and lead time of replenishing to targeted levels
- Schedule shipments, monitor and coordinate the deliveries of all packing supplies
- Process purchase requisitions and purchase orders in an automated purchasing system
- Resolve shipping problems and work with Accounts Payable to reconcile invoice discrepancies
- Develop sourcing strategies, determine alternative sources, and select and manage suppliers while achieving the highest level quality and service for materials
- Manage supplier relationships, negotiate contracts, develop bid packages, analyze proposals to ensure best possible price and lead-times for purchased material
- Recommend and drive cost savings projects
- Participate in cross-functional teams in development and execution of new products as well as changes in existing product lines.
- Other duties as assigned
- Strong organizational and interpersonal skills; ability to work in face-paced, high-pressured environment ability to handle multiple tasks and projects simultaneously. Knowledge of standard purchasing policies and procedures.
- 3-5 years of directly related experience preferred
- Experience with automated purchasing system is highly desired
- Education: BA/BS preferred. College-level course work in Business, Finance, Supply Chain or related field desirable