Location: Redwood City, CA
- Leads the planning, scheduling, and material movement through the production cycle for the RWC/MP campus
- Manage the market and receiving areas. Responsible for developing and improving the internal materials delivery system by usingMaking Materials Flow (MMF) and Creating Continuous Flow (CCF) processes.
- May be required to perform additional duties as assigned.
- Develop and implement manufacturing measurements pertaining to performance that will foster continuous improvement. Continuously evaluate system efficiency possibilities (computer, bar-coding, EDI, etc.), and lead improvement activities.
- Communicate / coordinate best practices for planning and materials functions across business units – create and implement standardized work for defined processes.
- Develop and implement longer-range material flow improvement needs. Work closely with Material Flow and Supply Management teams to ensure that overlapping tactical and strategic issues are being addressed.
- Work with SIOP strategies and processes. Interacts with Sales, Engineering, Production Management, and Corporate Supply Chain team to support customer requirements.
- BS / BA degree in business, engineering, or materials management.
- 7 years materials / production planning experience in a multi-plant, global, manufacturing environment.
- Experience with supply chain management implementation.
- APICS certification, preferred.
- Ability to adapt to rapidly changing business circumstances; must be able to thrive in a constantly changing business environment.
- Knowledge of process improvement concepts and methods along with the flexibility and adaptability to accept, support, and deploy new processes in a changing business environment.
- Skill to create and implement plans aligned with the division’s strategic vision.
- Skilled at effective communications at both technical and leadership levels. Skills must include good interpersonal skills, as well as written and verbal communication skills, and ability to understand information and ideas as presented.
- Skill in developing and delivering effective presentations.
- Skill and ability to use personal computers and enterprise software as well as evaluate, recommend, and use group specific software tools.
- Skill in conflict resolution including the ability to address difference of opinions or facts and use the most appropriate method to reach an effective solution.
- Ability to build and maintain effective work relationships, both internal and external, and establish credibility with business partners.
- Ability to plan, organize, and prioritize time/workload and delegate work in order to accomplish tasks and meet deadlines.
- Ability to effectively coach and foster staff growth and development.
- Ability to negotiate by collaborating with others to arrive at a conclusion using compromise, persuasion, rationale, and diplomacy.