Location: Palo Alto, CA
We are looking for an experienced Linux/UNIX developer with an interest in cloud development and disruptive technologies like Cloud Foundry and Docker. As a member of our small agile team, the cloud platform software engineer will be in charge of designing and implementing cloud platform components. In addition to software development, the duties involve evaluating third party and open source software and interacting with various other development & engineering teams like Pivotal, the CloudFoundry Community and others.
- Develop software that runs in CloudFoundry
- Develop software based on Ruby and Go
- Write automation scripts and self-healing mechanisms for platform services
- Integrate with other systems, evaluate third party solutions
- Collaborate with cloud engineers to design and build next gen cloud
- Conduct design and code reviews
- Bachelor’s Degree in Computer Science or related technical field (or equivalent practical experience).
- Multiple years of experience in at least two of the following programming languages; (Ruby, Go, nodeJS, Java, Scala, Phyton)
- Experience in Linux/UNIX operating systems
- Experience drafting complex software architecture
- Experience with Configuration Management (Puppet, BOSH, Chef)
- Experience in cloud-based development as OpenStack
- Experience in agile project management (like scrum)
- Interested in elastic and self-healing cloud-based systems
- Strong verbal and written communication skills.
- Interested in an agile and heavily new environment
- Interested in Cloud technologies overall