Location: Monterey, CA
Overview of position:
Responsible for the identification and qualification of new business leads within the “Premier Accounts” sales channel (Middle Market). Responsibilities include supporting the acquisitions of new Premier Account-sized customers. The New Business Development Associate is primarily responsible for making outbound sales to targeted business prospects, qualifying new leads, partnering with Premier Sales team to close.
- Pull stack rankings of companies by Sales Revenue, using published lists (i.e. Fortune 500, etc.) for each key industry we currently service
- Conduct research as to whether the company is currently doing business with, or was previously a customer. If not a customer, determine if any other salesperson is working a specific prospect using Salesforce.com.
- If a company or organization is currently a customer, move onto to the next name on the list.
- For companies/organization who are not current customers, make outbound sales to identify how the company is servicing their limited English-speaking customers
- Identify decision makers or major influencers; quantify potential Over-the-phone interpretation minutes or prospect’s needs for other products.
- Requires the ability to listen to a customer’s or prospect’s needs.
- Pass along sales lead to a Premier Account Executive for further follow up and closing of opportunity.
- Maintains accurate documentation of all sales and prospecting activities including sales and follow-up activities in Salesforce.com to maintain accurate records.
- Assists in the transition of new business opportunities or competitive takeaways to assigned Premier Salesperson.
- Adheres to all company policies, procedures and business code of conduct
- Build trust, value others, communicate effectively, drive execution, foster innovation, collaborate with others, solve problems creatively and demonstrate high integrity.
- Create professional internal and external relationships
- Proactively establish and maintain effective working team relationships with all support departments as needed.
- Position Reports to Director, Premier Sales
- 1-2 years of experience in sales to small and mid-sized businesses across all industries
- College degree (BA or BS) from an accredited University or equivalent preferred.
- Experience with selling solutions to multiple decision makers in complex organizations
- Strong understanding of a prospect’s market dynamics and requirements
- Proven ability to achieve sales quotas
- Proficiency in MS Office programs (Excel Word, PowerPoint, Outlook,)
- Experience with Salesforce.com is a plus.
- Ability to manage and prioritize multiple tasks simultaneously