Location: Milpitas, CA
Sr. Database Administrator Contract:
The Sr. DBA will perform administration and engineering for multiple production databases. Proposes and implements enhancements that will improve the performance and reliability of the system.
- Experience of Oracle R12 Application Database Architecture.
- Performance tuning of databases performance and stability, pro-actively Identify bottlenecks and resolve them quickly.
- Strong query and database tuning skills
- Backup and recovery (RMAN and traditional)
- Root cause analysis of production-related database issues
- Excellent troubleshooting and problem-solving abilities
- Strong working knowledge of Oracle PL/SQL (e.g., schema management, index optimization, and use of hints)
- Extensive UNIX shell scripting, PLSQL, and SQL skills
- Knowledgeable of Oracle R12 Application include: Maintenance, Configuration, patching and cloning.
- Experience in Oracle Discoverer Application Server.
- Experience with Oracle WebLogic.