Location: Palo Alto, CA
- Process routine accounting requests, print checks, prepare billing, and process accounts payable invoices and payroll. Validate general ledger coding, and determine correct coding.
- Review accounting transactions, support documents, journal postings, etc. for accuracy, authorizations, and compliance.
- Monitor transactions in the accounting systems for clearing and outstanding items.
- Review and prepare journal entries; record details of transactions (such as disbursements, pay and expense vouchers, payroll deductions.
- Review journal postings for consistency with input.
- Maintain accounting/finance departmental files.
- Compile, maintain, and review data and daily reports for accuracy.
- Resolve transactional inquiries, escalate broader issues.
- Participate in new initiatives, as needed.
Education & Experience:
High School diploma or equivalent and two years’ work experience.
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities:
- Knowledge of basic accounting procedures.
- Ability to operate computerized office applications and accounting systems.
- Ability to clearly and effectively communicate information to internal audiences and client groups.