Location: Salinas/ Royal Oaks, CA
Schedule: Sunday-Thursday| 2nd shift
This position supports the Distribution Manager in the management of distribution. This includes the transportation of mushrooms and other goods to customers and other locations. This position has primary responsibility of coordinating all Backhaul shipments ensuring that truck utilization and backhauls are maximized. Dispatching and maintaining contact with outside carriers, drivers, making sure that a driver pool is available. The position is required to learn and stay current with D.O.T. regulations, and safety programs.
Primary Job Responsibilities
- Assisting our Shipping Team in making sure all Less than Truck-load pallets are coordinator and put on the correct trucks
- On the road driver contact, keeping track of driver locations
- Maximizing truck utilization, load consolidation and routing
- Maximizing backhauls
- Taking orders for customers and maintaining good working relationships with them
- Communicating with customers for scheduling pickup and drop appointments
- Assist Human Resources with driver qualification files, and other DOT requirements
- Maintain Driver logs make sure we are compliant in all aspects
- Be available on-call nights, weekends and holidays
- Observe and practice safety and housekeeping procedures at all times. Attend and/or conduct Safety Meetings
- Perform all requirements of sanitation, GMP/HACCP standards, including hairnet where required and personal hygiene policies
- Submit accurate and on time daily, weekly, and monthly reports for distribution
- The Distribution Supervisor supervises all Western Region front line dispatchers and DOT drivers.
- The Distribution Supervisor supervises all less than truck-load pallet from pick-up Customer through warehouse, to the final delivery
- Supervisor will spend the majority of time within the Royal Oaks Shipping department.
- Must be able to work in a colder climate of 34 to 40 degrees
- Schedule will be Sunday through Thursday 11am start
- To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily.
- The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required.
- Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Looking for someone that is results oriented with proven results
- Must possess a commitment to exceeding customer expectations and delivering world-class customer services at all times
- The ability to develop/direct subordinates and influence them to get tasks completed
- Assertive problem solver who looks beyond the standard solutions to overcome challenges
- Ability to function well in a fast-paced, team-focused environment where constant change is the norm
- Ability to organize workload and prioritize effectively
- Ability to learn general knowledge of the trucking/distribution industry
- Ability to learn general knowledge of current DOT requirements and ability to meet regulatory requirements
- Ability to learn general knowledge
- Capability of making decisions in a timely manner, quickly and communicating information to appropriate parties
- Proven time management skills
- Bilingual English and Spanish
EDUCATION and/or EXPERIENCE:
- High School diploma or equivalent required. Bachelor’s degree preferred
- A minimum of 2 years of experience supervising people
- Prior customer’s service experience required
- Must have excellent computer skills, Microsoft Office