Location: Salinas, CA
Shift: Monday – Friday 8am – 5pm
This position supports the Western Region Distribution Team. The primary responsibility is to assist Distribution management by building and maintaining the recruitment, hiring and onboarding of Class A Drivers.
Duties and Responsibilities
- Essential functions will include pre-screening driver applicants, scheduling interviews and physicals.
- Other functions include organizing, reporting, new hire and safety orientation.
- The HR Coordinator reports to the Western Region Logistics Manager with a dotted line to the Corporate HR management team
- Coordinate job postings, screening and managing applicants via the applicant tracking system, scheduling interviews, processing of new hires including scheduling pre-employment physicals and verifying employment eligibility with SSA/DHS.
- Conduct new hire orientation for Drivers and Administrative Team.
- Conduct safety orientation.
- Maintain all employee personnel records, both PC and hard files, and medical, insurance, and personnel data files. This includes status changes, evaluations, corrective actions, vacations, LOA’s, rate changes, area/department headcounts, terminations, transfers, and new hires.
- Coordinate FMLA leaves, required paperwork and payroll leave timecards.
- Process terminations and conduct exit interviews.
- Process workplace injury claims and record keeping, and OSHA records keeping.
- Keep updated on policies and procedures, state and federal laws and regulations controlling HR practices.
- Coordinate, track and attend monthly safety meetings with MMI Drivers quarterly
- Under supervision will assist with compliance with DOT safety policies.
- Miscellaneous duties such as employment verifications, insurance coverage verifications, responses to unemployment claims, giving special assistance to employees.
- Regular progress reports with new and existing Drivers to maximize retention.
- When needed, conduct industry standard Driver surveys (pay, incentives, etc.)
- Escalate Driver employee relations issues coordinating with Distribution management team and/or Corporate HR Department.
- Adhere to confidentiality policies and ensure confidentiality of all employees.
- Other duties that may be assigned.
- Excellent computer skills proficient in Excel and Word.
- Knowledge of labor law, FMLA/CFRA/ADA leave and Worker’s Compensation.
- Must have excellent interpersonal skills, approachable, ethical and ability to work with minimum supervision.
- Self-starter with excellent organizational and strong multitasking skills.
- Bi-lingual/Bi-literate English/Spanish a plus.
- Monday through Friday 8am to 5pm.
- Mandatory attendance at quarterly Saturday Operations/Safety meeting (typically early morning).
Education and Experience
- High school diploma.
- AA degree or BS preferred or equivalent of years and experience.
- 3-5 years Human Resources experience.
Minimum 1 year experience recruiting and hiring Class A Drivers