Location: Salinas, CA
The recruiter is responsible for contacting existing and new volunteers. The recruiter position requires that the associate be a fast learner and one who can easily follow direction. The recruiter will be required to provide information to each worker regarding hours worked, required training, procedures, placement, and pay policies. The recruiter will serve as a troubleshooter phone operator on Election Day and must become an expert in polling place procedures. Training provided.
- Database – Data entry (verify speed and accuracy for industry standards)
- Microsoft office skill level – intermediate
- Multiple phone line experience
- Able to take instruction and constructive criticism
- Work with confidential information
- Must be able to retain information and apply to various situations
- Must be able to multi-task and prioritize on own
- Flexible work hours and overtime at a moment’s notice including weekends
- Communicate effectively, professionally, and persuasively in English over the phone, in person, and via email with a broad and diverse customer base
- Self-starter and team player
- Able to meet competing deadlines in fast-paced environment
- English/Spanish bilingual skills are not required but highly desirable.
Schedule: Monday to Friday 8-5, but must have flexible schedule