Asset Recovery Specialist
Location: Redwood City, CA
- Minimum one year experience in consumer collections (financial institution experience is a plus).
- Maintains tactfulness in communicating with members concerning their problems and/or questions
- Accuracy and thoroughness in documentation of accounts
- Persistence in the daily follow-up of loan repayment
- Cooperative attitude in relations to members and other employees
- Neat and professional appearance
§ Must comply with applicable laws and regulations, including but not limited to, the Bank Secrecy Act, the Patriot Act, and the Office of Foreign Assets Control;
- Initiates telephone contact on all delinquent day past due accounts. Monitors all past due loans in this category to assure receipt of payment.
- Follows-up on a daily basis on any promises that were not kept. Makes the necessary telephone contact as required.
- Responsible for resolution of first payment defaults.
- Maintains complete documentation of collection activity on our system.
- Reconcile member disputes i.e. payroll problems, misapplied payments and finance charge and late fees as required.
- Monitors credit cards to assure balances do not exceed limits. Makes telephone contact to cure over limit amount.
- Assist in the collection of return deposit items (RDI) as required.
- Assures that all delinquent member demographics are updated promptly on the system.
- Recommends alternative collection program options (Balance, half-payment up to 90 days, etc.) and/or modifications to resolve delinquencies, as appropriate.
- Performs other duties as assigned.