Palo Alto, CA
San Jose, CA
• Responsible for performing a broad variety of member services such as opening and closing accounts, including certificate and IRA accounts.
• Provides counseling and conducts professional interviews with members requesting consumer loans.
• Advises members of policies, rates and terms.
• Processes consumer loan applications, including reviewing and analyzing applications and supporting documents as appropriate.
• Inspects vehicles as required.
• Primary contact for members in providing application status and necessary documentation.
• Books consumer loans, disburses funds appropriately and explains loan documents and approved loan terms.
• Completes member requests for automobile loan modifications. Assists members with bookkeeping and checking account problems.
• Counsels and answers member questions regarding all Credit Union services and performs a variety of account maintenance.
• Assists members with questions or problems and refers as appropriate. • Attends to miscellaneous transactions for members such as wire requests, redemption of bonds and other duties as assigned.
• Stays informed of all products, services and operational procedures.
• Cross sells all products and services.
• Supports teller functions and other branches as needed.
EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE REQUIRED
Normally requires an Associate’s degree in Business Administration, Accounting, Finance or the equivalent level of education/experience; plus three years of current and progressive experience within a financial institution, preferably in deposit and lending departments.
Experience in a branch environment is a plus.
Sales experience is also a plus.
May also be required to register as a Mortgage Loan Originator (MLO).
Job Type: Full-time