Location: Monterey, CA
Working in the company’s Accounting and Finance department, this position has broad exposure across the company. The Financial analyst will be a key member of the company’s Finance and Accounting team — with exposure to the monthly Accounting close, including consolidating all of the company’s divisions, and responsibility for cross functional analytics projects to improve productivity, grow sales, and increase bottom line results.
- Learn and document the monthly close process, and serve as one of several back-ups on this business-critical function.
- Assist with implementation of additional financial controls for this growing company.
- Work with CFO, VP FP&A, VP Accounting/Controller, and various department heads on monthly variance reporting and analysis across departments including Sales, Operations, IT, Marketing, and Merchandising. Meet and work with senior department heads to find savings and efficiencies.
- Develop monthly reporting tools to analyze gross margin variances, customer profitability, etc.
- Support the VP FP&A on preparing the annual budget and operating plan and periodic reforecasts.
- Provide various ad hoc analyses to support strategic business initiatives.
- Help prepare board of director presentations, providing financial and business analytics.
- Support ongoing work on improving the Company’s ERP System upgrade project.
Knowledge, Experience, Skills:
- Experience in both Accounting and Finance.
- Advanced Excel skills, VBA skills a plus
- Must be able to retrieve, interpret large volumes of complex data, develop summary reports, draw conclusions, and make recommendations to drive actionable items.
- Advanced experience with Microsoft Office Suite including PowerPoint
- Adept with Great Plains (or similar) and experience with ERP software.
- Strong understanding of systems and IT technologies with proven application to deliver productivity improvements and increase bottom line results.
- Must have strong communication, interpersonal, and analytical skills with the ability to build relationships with senior leaders as well as work with cross-functional teams.
- Bachelor’s degree from a 4 year accredited college — preferably in business, accounting or finance.
- 2 years of experience as a Financial Analyst, preferably in a retail, manufacturing, consumer products, or distribution company.