Location: Palo Alto, CA
- Under general creative direction, take responsibility for projects from client contact through delivery.
- Produce complex illustrations, graphics, images and photos for design assignments.
- Create and design for a variety of platforms, starting from an initial concept and thinking in terms of broader solutions.
- Work closely with a project manager and design team in order to complete project using pre-established specifications.
- Maintain quality control of content, and support design strategy and execution.
- Use job-required software applications and mediums to develop and design materials according to defined requirements.
- Inspect proofs for accuracy and adherence to appropriate production standards.
- May coordinate with multiple clients to develop themes and designs to achieve desired results.
- Create content specification and design guidelines.
- Coordinate workflow between design development and vendors and print shops to evaluate quality and process.
- May provide guidance to other staff or contractors.
* – Other duties may also be assigned
Education & Experience:
Bachelor’s degree and three years of relevant experience or combination of education and relevant experience.
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities:
- Demonstrated understanding of graphic design principles.
- Ability to work around an initial concept and think in terms of broad solutions.
- Demonstrated experience and understanding of job-required software applications and mediums.
- Ability to present a portfolio that reflects creative work.
- Ability to adapt to changing priorities, deadlines, and customer needs.
- Ability to work on multiple projects simultaneously.
- Strong organizational and communication (both written and verbal) skills.
- Ability to perform detailed work with a high level of accuracy and attention to detail.
- Ability to work effectively with others as part of a team.
Certifications and Licenses:
- Constantly perform desk-based computer tasks.
- Frequently stand/walk, sit, and use a telephone.
- Occasionally grasp lightly/fine manipulation, grasp forcefully, sort/file paperwork, lift/carry/push/pull objects that weigh up to ten pounds.
- Visual acuity required.