Location: Sunnyvale, CA
We are looking for a Sr. Software Engineer to drive the requirements for and own large components of the system throughout their lifecycle: requirements, architecture/design, implementation, testing, and launch. You will need to exhibit strong leadership and communication skills, define and successfully execute on the engineering and release priorities in a very agile application development environment.
- It’s a self-service model where you own your code from design through implementation, test automation and support.
- Ensure product readiness by working with product owners and developers to define, design, and support implementation
- Create and recommend solution design options factoring in requirements, standards and current Infrastructure environment. Communicate and present solutions to the other stakeholders
- Models compliance with company policies and procedures and supports company mission, values, and standards of ethics and integrity
- Develop user focused solutions spanning multiple Infrastructure technologies
- Demonstrates up-to-date expertise in Software Engineering and applies this to the development, execution, and improvement of action plans
- Bachelor’s Degree in Computer Science or related field
- 5-7 years’ experience building scalable e-commerce applications or mobile software
- 5+ years object-oriented experience with Java-based systems
- Experience with large-scale distributed infrastructure systems and client-server architectures
- Experience writing multi-threaded high performance applications
- Experience with Cloud Computing platforms: Amazon AWS, Microsoft Azure, Google cloud or similar Experience developing using either relational databases such as Oracle, PostgreSQL, and/or MySQL or NoSQL databases such as CouchBase, Cassandra, Mongo DB etc.
- Experience in unit-testing, source control systems, messaging solutions
- Proficiency in one or more of scripting languages (Shell, Groovy, Python, Ruby, C , etc.)