Location: Monterey, CA
Under the direction of the Controller, this position is responsible for independently performing both routine and non-routine accounting and financial reporting functions.
- Prepare and analyze general ledger journal entries; verify the accuracy of recorded accounting transactions and ensure compliance GAAP.
- Summarize balance sheet account activity; prepare periodic balance sheet account reconciliations.
- Maintain and/or reconcile accounting subsidiary ledgers to the general ledger (AR, inventory, fixed assets, AP, grower payables, pre-paids, accrued liabilities, etc.)
- Prepare and review various operating tax returns prepare and accumulate support documentation for various vendor, grower or operating tax payments.
- Implement new department processes.
- Assist in the development and analysis of the annual operating budget.
- Prepare audit schedules for both internal and external auditors.
- Prepare various ad-hoc accounting reports as requested by customers (especially quarter-end and period-end).
- Document general ledger account descriptions, policies and procedures and reporting requirements.
- Create new PC models to perform allocations.
- Other duties as assigned.
- 5 to 7 years in Accounting or related field, or relevant corporate financial reporting experience; CPA a plus.
- Experience in internal controls and audits preferred.
- Advance knowledge of Excel
- Organization, accuracy, attention to detail, ability to analyze data and provide creative solutions.
- Strong computer skills in PC and mid-range environments.
- Knowledge of generally accepted accounting principles (GAAP), procedures and application.
- Knowledge of foreign and domestic tax laws.
- Ability to work independently and meet all required deadlines.