Location: Monterey, CA
The Senior Administrative Assistant reports to the Assistant Director. They assist in the coordination and support of daily department operations.
- Maintains the outside pager program; reviews time-sheets and edits as appropriate.
- Handles invoice coding for various vendor invoices and prepares for director approval.
- Assists the buyers, performing updates on department templates and contract pricing.
- Performs weekly system cleanup of unreleased requisitions and vendor agreements and other items as directed.
- Places credit card orders and codes the monthly statement prior to forwarding it to accounts payable.
- Performs training for new users with regard to requisitions of supplies and forms via on-line systems.
- Maintains/updates the designated signature authority worksheet monthly.
- Prepares agendas and takes minutes at Forms Committee meetings and assists form’s vendor in the design and implementation of new and revised forms.
- Takes minutes at department staff meetings.
- Sorts interoffice and USPS mail.
- Orders forms from physician’s offices and keeps Forms Requested List updated Dreamweaver Software.
- High school diploma or equivalent
- Computer application skills with Microsoft Office Suite
- Secretarial experience and proficiency in using email, word processing and spreadsheets.
- Two years’ experience in office administration with emphasis on receiving and distribution of supplies; experience with Supply Chain systems is a plus.
- Working knowledge of office equipment; good communication, organization and writing skills.
- Maintains a high level of professionalism, safeguards and preserves confidential department information.
- Knowledge of medical terminology
- Some college or business courses
- Experience with Lawson MMIS
- Lean Six Sigma and 6S Standards Training and Certifications