Location: Monterey, CA
In this exciting role, the Software Developer will be working on a team to maintain and implement production applications for an education products company.
- Code, test, and debug applications from functional specifications using C# and SQL
- Implement EDI integrations to ERP
- Maintain and implement improvements to assigned production applications
- Provide hands-on support for production applications as assigned, to ensure systems are consistently available
- Develop design documents which will guide the team through implementation and testing;
- Work with management to define system requirements and specifications;
- Act as team lead on development projects;
- Plan high-level implementation strategies, judge difficulty level and accurately estimate completion times for development tasks;
- Participate in complete software development lifecycle, including analysis, design, and coding;
- Work with management to formulate and define application scope and objectives;
- Provide technical consultation in new systems development, new package evaluations, and enhancement of existing systems; participate in structured walkthrough and technical reviews.
The successful candidate will have 3-5 years of hands-on experience developing systems and building EDI integrations. Ideal candidate will have expert level experience with:
- SQL Server
- A degree in Computer Sciences, Engineering, Information Systems, or a related field is preferred.
- CXML, PunchOut
- JDA Direct Commerce Suite ERP
- VB.Net or VB6.
A genuine aptitude and desire to quickly master new systems and successfully apply past experience to new environments is essential. Teamwork, problem solving skills, and strong organizational/planning skills are a must.