Location: Morgan Hill, CASummary
We need a responsible and organized Shipping and Receiving Clerk to keep track of our client’s various orders, ensure products are ready for shipment, and clearly communicate to the internal team.
- Assist with paperwork, respond to e-mail and phone inquiries from internal sources.
- Prioritize orders and the picking of orders according to the required due date or as directed by a lead person
- Is responsible for picking and packing orders to be ready for on time shipment.
- Need to be able to access and accurately utilize the inventory management system
- Have a working knowledge of the UPS/FED EX systems as well as preparing freight on pallets.
- Have or become trained in the areas for the shipping of hazardous materials
- Obtain freight quotes when required.
- Use of a hand truck, or pallet jack, to load and unload, move or stack materials or products
- Prepare responses and follow up on production meeting open order report.
- Maintain a positive work atmosphere
- High school graduate/college education preferred.
- Minimum of two years experience in same or associated field.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- Ability to count accurately, do simple math, write legibly and follow both verbal and written instruction.
- Familiarity with computers running under Windows operating systems, and using Microsoft office, (Excel, Word and Outlook).
- Punctual with good attendance and safety habits and be effective working as a member of a team.