Location: Monterey, CA
As an Oracle DBA/Systems Administrator, you will be responsible for supporting the critical systems, applications and infrastructure platforms. Our client’s platforms span a diverse Linux/Windows environment as well as numerous cloud solution providers. We’re looking for “A+ Players” who are self-motivated, excellent communicators, and are driven to constantly improve systems and processes.
- Responsible for real-time operations and platform delivery
- Support platform administration, installation/configuration management and reporting
- Maintain appropriate system and network security
- Produce and maintain system and network documentation
- Isolate problems and conduct appropriate research and troubleshooting efforts
- Provide technical support for Tier 1 and escalated issues.
- Monitors IT Service Delivery tickets and follows up with assigned personnel to ensure timely resolution of problems.
- Invokes problem escalation procedures to Tier 3 engineering teams
Skills and Specifications
- Follow configuration management and change control procedures when addressing system updates and changes
- Follow Incident Reporting procedures
- Ensures that daily, weekly, and monthly statistics, status reports, and graphical reporting aids are completed and continually modified to meet the needs of the department.
- Ensures that decisions made to improve the overall IT Service Delivery area are continually carried through.
- Support of specified hardware and software environments
- General user and Tier 1 support as required
- Work collaboratively across teams in a fast paced, global environment
- Exhibit strong quantitative, analytical and problem solving skills
- Perform miscellaneous related duties as assigned
- 3 year experience as on Oracle DBA. Version 9i (a must) 10g, and 11g.
- 3 years’ experience as a Solaris UNIX Administrator.
- 3 years’ experience as a SQL Server DBA. Version 2003, 2008, and 2012
- SOQL (Salesforce)
- PL/SQL, Transact SQL
- A Bachelor’s degree or equivalent practical experience in Computer Science, MIS, or a related field and 2 years’ hands on experience as a systems administrator
- Understanding of Microsoft Active Directory, Exchange, Windows7, MS Server 2008 and 2012
- Experience in an Oracle, LINUX and SQL Server environment.
- SAN/NAS experience in a multi-vendor environment.
- Experience in telecommunications and/or contact center environments
- Experience with Salesforce (experience supporting APIs, Web Services, web-based data reporting and analytics)
- Experience with on-demand contact center software
- Experience with Internet/Web-enabled services -background with production high-availability web–enabled transaction platform is a big plus
- Experience with acquisition integrations and transformations of people, process and technology a plus
- Experience with ITIL Service Methodology or similar maturity model a plus
Interested candidates must be able to work a flexible schedule and overtime hours including Saturday(s) and/or Sunday(s) as required by business operations.