Location: Monterey, CA
The Sr. Database Engineer is responsible for the overall design and implementation of the data model and for managing the development, QA and production database environments. The successful candidate will have a minimum of 5-7 years of hands-on experience in the IT field. A genuine aptitude and desire to quickly master new systems and successfully apply past experience to new environments is essential. Frequent end-user interaction requires strong interpersonal skills, effective communication with a focus on customer satisfaction. Must be able to multi-task and manage multiple priority tasks. Teamwork and problem solving skills are a must.
- Troubleshoot and resolve day-to-day database issues in all environments to ensure system stability and performance.
- Lead a change management process in Development, QA and Production environments for all database code and data changes
- Fulfill ad-hoc reporting requests for technology and business units
- Discover, document and communicate database design for development and reporting needs
- Support development staff by answering questions, conducting code reviews, communicating best practices recommendations, etc.
- Provide support to application developers, QA engineers, system administrators and end-users.
- Support off-hours maintenance and production load activities.
- Combination of traditional DBA skill set (backups\restores, maintenance, log shipping, capacity planning, monitoring, etc.) and SQL Server development skill set
- Significant experience re-architecting business processes and applications to improve performance, save time, correct bugs and meet organizational deadlines
- SQL Server performance tuning experience including analysis, diagnosis, correction testing, implementation and verification
- High level of multi-tasking to support applications (Net custom web, ERP, CRM) DBA and development needs in Internet time
- Expert writing complex SQL scripts for reports.
- Expert with database backup and recovery.
- Experience with ERP and CRM systems.
- Expert Level Support of a production environment.
- Knowledge of Web tools and Web implementation methodology
- Experience with end user solutions in a Web Environment
- A degree in Computer Sciences, Engineering, Physics, or Math