Location: Fremont, CA
A home improvement contractor is looking for a detail-oriented and analytical Payroll Specialist to interview and start right away! This is an exciting job for payroll candidates who have knowledge and experience of requirements for multiple states in the U.S.
- Data entry of weekly payroll for hourly/piece-rate employees for all divisions.
- Produce and send payroll checks for all other divisions.
- Weekly payroll taxes
- Respond timely to payroll issues and/or questions. Assist General Managers, Field Supervisors and divisional payroll staff with payroll needs.
- Misc. payroll changes.
- Process final paychecks and distribute to appropriate to Human Resources
- Print weekly Payroll Reports for specific reporting agencies.
- Process Verification of Employment, EDD wage notices
- Support payroll Supervisor/Manager
- Work with Human Resources regarding new hires, termination and benefit deductions.
- Other duties may be assigned as needed.
- High school diploma or general education degree (GED); and 7+ years related experience and/or training; or equivalent combination of education and experience.
- Experience working with internal/external payroll systems.
- Understanding of wage and payroll requirements for multiple states
- Experience processing payroll in a construction environment desired
- Computer savvy, ability to use multiple systems. Knowledge of Kronos and LCPtracker a plus.
- Must be able to work independently; excellent organizational skills are a must.
- Good oral and written communication skills.
- Must be a problem solver!
- Experience working with Microsoft environment is a must.
- Relates well to all kinds of people, builds constructive and effective relationships using diplomacy and tact.
- Ability to work under minimal supervision – must be a self-starter. Accuracy and attention to detail is a must.
- Knowledge of Basic Accounting Principles