Location: Seaside, CA
Under close supervision performs detailed accounting assignments and tasks in the Accounting Department. Fully embraces and supports our retail environment. Responsible for Bank Secrecy Act, Currency Transaction Reports, Suspicious Activity Reporting, Customer Identification Program, Office of Foreign Asset Control and any other compliance issues as it pertains to the accounting department. Provides outstanding member service to all existing and potential members.
Experience and Training
- Knowledge of arithmetic, algebra, geometry and their applications, accounting principles and practices, banking and reporting of financial data as well as methods and practices of financial record keeping, including journal, ledger accounts systems and electronic spreadsheets.
- Thorough understanding of debits, credits and credit union GLs and their effect on financial statements.
- Ability to understand and carry out assigned work with minimal supervision.
- Associate’s Degree in Business or Accounting (or related field) or Accounting Certificate is required.
- Equivalent combination of education/experience in the preparation and maintenance of financial and statistical records, and/or accounting operations may be substituted for AA/Accounting Certificate.