Location: San Jose, CA
- Schedule employees to work weekly based on departments’ need determined by managers:
- 1) prepare work schedules by identifying employees for work shifts according to seniority lists and union contract
- 2) communicate work schedules to employees via phone and post schedules on bulletin boards
- 3) input schedules in payroll/scheduling system
- Process (track, log, etc) employees’ general attendance such as shift cancellation, sick calls, time-clock violations, and other department/union agreement violations and communicate to appropriate parties HR Department, Payroll Department, and managers.
- Partner with the appropriate parties to manage departmental employees’ seniority lists (add, delete, and drop employees’ names) to ensure it is accurate while adhering to the union contract.
- Communicate with temp agencies to request temporary employees and approve time sheets.
- Answer phone calls, process voice messages, and address employees’ questions and refer employees’ to appropriate parties as appropriate
- Partner with HR to communicate the pick up list program to employees and send appropriate notifications to Payroll and HR.
- Input labor forecast in spreadsheets weekly and daily
- Process and approve timecards and communicate to HR, Payroll, and manager.
- Maintain various filing systems
- Provide general administrative support.
- 3+ years experience performing mid level administrative work
- Strong working knowledge of office software systems, MS Office products including but not limited to Word, PowerPoint, Outlook and Excel.
- Strong customer service skills
- Ability to work independently, accurately, and meet deadlines
- Strong Multi-Tasking capabilities
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Bilingual English / Spanish