Location: Salinas, CA
Under the direction of the Sr. Accounting Manager, provide support for various business units with detailed daily and periodic balance sheet reconciliations and analysis. Also, provide support to the settlement department and upper management on payable accounts analysis and forecast.
MAJOR RESPONSIBILITIES AND TASKS/DUTIES OF THE POSITION
- Reconcile balance sheet accounts, complete adjustment journals as needed and submit back up documents at period end.
- Review and reconcile payable.
- Complete payable budget and forecast.
- Reconcile preseason advance, review interest and record advance recoupment.
- Period end duties and responsibilities as assigned.
- Calculate and record PO accruals.
- Review units and complete adjustment journals as necessary.
- Assist corporate staff with requests as needed.
- Assist auditors with information as needed.
- Assist Accounting Supervisor with other duties as needed.
- Work effectively and efficiently in cross-functional departments including sales, operations, logistics, shipping, and receiving.
- Liaison with other departments in accounting/ payable-related questions.
- Consistently review accounting procedures and suggest ideas to improve processes.
JOB SPECIFIC COMPETENCIES (Knowledge, Skill and Experience Requirements)
- B.A. in Business, Accounting or Finance.
- 2-3 years accounting experience required.
- Excellent oral and written communication skills; with responsive feedback at all times.
- Microsoft Excel skills to include VLOOKUP, pivot table, external linking, and respect for proper database management and accuracy to ensure data quality and integrity.
- Strong PC and mainframe skills including working knowledge of PowerPoint and JD Edwards software.
- Knowledge of generally accepted accounting principles, procedures and application.
- Must have the ability to make decisions, appear for work on time, follow directions, interact well with co-workers, understand and follow posted work rules/procedures and to accept constructive criticism.
- Strong attention to detail and a desire to assume new responsibilities.
- Organization, attention to detail and the ability to analyze data.
- Experience in agricultural accounting (preferred)
- English, Spanish knowledge helpful (preferred)