Location: Palo Alto, CA
We are looking for a Project Crew Planner/ Scheduler with strong leadership skills to support the current Planner and Scheduler for facilities in Palo Alto, CA.
- Plan and schedule off-campus housing work orders
- Serves as a back-up for Project Crew Planner and Scheduler
- Plan and schedule work requests for Carpentry
- Serves as a field quality control for Carpentry work orders
- Purchasing and receiving, reconcile monthly expenses and monitor the budget for appropriate spending
- Coordinate deliveries
- Schedule vehicles for service
- Oversee tools inventory assigned to staff and in the shop tool storage.
- Responsible for processing Project Crew and Carpentry staff timesheets and leave requests.
- Perform office duties including, but not limited to, handling of incoming and outgoing mail, entering data into basic tables, reports, or spreadsheets, making copies, and monitoring and ordering of office supplies.
- Carry out special projects and assignments as required
- Interacts with numerous departments, vendors, outside contractors to manage the daily flow of work. Utilize customer relations with external and internal clients. Must know and be willing to implement equal access procedures as it applies to their work staff.
- Manages inventories and maintains appropriate levels of operating stock; makes adjustment to minimum/maximum levels to effectively manage dollar investment and insure parts availability.
- Ensures provision of highest quality customer service to co-workers and employees; understands, promulgates and successfully explains company policies; carries out responsibilities in a manner that contributes to customer satisfaction and confidence in the department.
- Works closely with Carpentry and PC Manager in designing, developing and maintaining in- service training for Staff and ensures periodic refresher training is conducted as required by law and department policy.
- Effectively uses current technology of enterprise resource planning (ERP) systems, the Internet, departmental databases, electronic mail, etc. – to ensure maximum productivity and timely and effective contact. Prepares and presents building maintenance and housing reports, charts and graphs.
- Proven leadership experience with managing labor teams and overseeing progress of work orders
- Ability to track inventory through a database and maintain accurate stocks
- Experience with MS Word, Excel, and Outlook
- Excellent verbal and communication skills while interacting with project crew, vendors, co-workers, building residents
- Meet other company requirements