Location: San Bruno, CA
As an Inventory Assistant, you are responsible for ensuring high in-stocks while maximizing inventory levels, a “win-win” for the client’s customers and their company. Attention to detail and ability to ensure issue resolution is paramount to supporting key business initiatives in this fast paced, multi-dimensional environment.
Daily activities will be focused on tracking purchase orders from creation to in-stock, adjusting purchase orders and working cross functionally to fix item issues resulting in Purchase Order failures.
- Communicate professionally with suppliers in relation to order processing as required to resolve issues and receive order acknowledgements
- Identify issues, collect data, establish facts, draw valid conclusions and resolve discrepancies in a reasonable amount of time
- Maintain superior level of accuracy when performing purchase order maintenance, including proper product costing, case packs etc.
- Coordinate order status report submissions from suppliers
- Resolve changes and discrepancies and update purchase order information accordingly
- Routine purchase order review and follow-up and expediting of orders
- Maintain supplier price lists and availability
- Review and resolve item issues causing purchase order failures
- 1+ years’ experience purchase order coordination, allocation, replenishment or related field required
- At least 1 year experience in a retail environment preferred
- Ideal candidate is detail oriented, extremely organized and has strong interpersonal skills
- Proficient in Excel, computer navigation and operation
- Prior experience in retail or eCommerce is a plus
- Need to start as soon as possible
- Strong and professional communication skills, both verbal and written
- Working knowledge of SQL is a plus