Location: Newark, CA
The role of Technical Support candidate is an advanced technical position in a high-volume fast-paced voice-over-IP technical contact center. The incumbent will be responsible for handling escalated customer cases by troubleshooting advanced/complex hardware and software issues while providing a best-in-class customer experience. Customer communication mediums include the telephone channel, email and chat-based interactions. We are also looking for Spanish speakers to provide tech support to our clients as well!
- Serve as the main point of escalation for our offshore staff and corporate escalations at the executive level.
- Provide front line troubleshooting and technical support in the companies tiered support model.
- Provide technical support to customers with the most difficult or challenging problems.
- Going the extra mile to follow up with customers, ensuring issues are resolved and customers are satisfied in a timely manner.
- Diagnose network, router or connectivity issues to help improve Quality of Service for calls.
- Apply troubleshooting techniques to resolve VOIP problems by utilizing packet captures and reviewing logs.
- Monitor telecommunication services that include our carriers, our telephony servers, etc.
- Provide root cause analysis of new issues and provide detailed analysis for our engineering teams.
- Provide customer updates on status of open issues or confirmation when issues are resolved.
- Prioritize impact of customer-facing issues for analysis and fixing by engineering teams.
- Apply expert knowledge of our companies services, VOIP technology and networking hardware and software.
- Report all product deficiencies and defects to the corresponding teams.
- Identify bugs and possible service impairments based on call trends and customer feedback.
- Test newly fixed bugs prior to deployment by the engineering team.
Required Experience & Qualifications
- Possesses high technical aptitude.
- Ability to work efficiently in a highly demanding, team-oriented and fast paced environment.
- Experience driving continuous improvement in a complex product support role for a company known for its focus on customer service.
- At least 2-year experience in an technical support role.
- Ability to communicate and empathize with all levels of customers – executives, external customers and engineers.
- Solid background with VOIP technology and terminology (VOIP, SIP, RTP, QOS, Codecs).
- Experience working with telecommunications and/or networking products
- Experience working very closely with technical teams to drive software or hardware improvements based on customer impact/feedback.
- Familiar with network performance testing software.
- Knowledgeable in advanced network troubleshooting and Terminology (LAN/WAN: Routers, Firewalls, Switches, TCP/IP, DNS, etc.)
- Any networking, IT or telecommunications certification is a plus.
- Familiar with Customer Relationship Management software
- Highly organized and results oriented.
- Excellent punctuality and attendance record a must.
- Undergraduate degree preferred, preferably in a technical discipline.
- Bilingual Spanish/ English is preferred but not required