Location: Palo Alto, CA
- The Tester/Operator will test three types of smoke devices: smoke alarms, carbon monoxide (CO) alarms, and combination smoke/CO alarms.
- Replace smoke/CO devices
- Smoke Device Tester/Operator will be out in the field testing smoke devices and inspecting fire sprinklers for most of the work day.
- Will walk or ride a bicycle to get to the different locations. There will also be stair climbing during the day for buildings with multiple floors
- During the day Smoke Device Tester/Operator will carry a four to six foot testing pole and a backpack weighing from 5 to 10lbs.
- Tester/Inspector will be required to lift their arms above their shoulder during the testing.
- Intermediate computer skills with emphasis on Microsoft Office products (Outlook, Word and Excel).
- Must be friendly, responsive, flexible and personable to the needs of others.
- Must be able to organize soft copy and hard copy data in a systematic way.
- Inputs information quickly and accurately from a variety of sources into an existing Excel database.
- Pays attention to details.
- Team mind set but can work independently.
- Ability to remain self-motivated at all times.
- This is a physically demanding position. This person must be fit enough to walk much of the day, to climb stairs, to endure the winter cold and/or rain storms. This person must be able to ride a bicycle.
- Able to climb on a ladder
- Ability to carry a 40lbs ladder
- Ability to carry a 10lbs backpack
- Experience inspecting smoke devices is a plus but not required
- More experienced candidate will be considered for the lead position.