Location: Sunnyvale, CA
- Write API documentation for API users, such as API reference docs and developer guides. Keep emphasis on documentation that is technically accurate and brings clarity for even complex processes.
- Review documents written by developers / PM’s for a particular API and suggest changes / seek clarity to externalize the same documents.
- Supplement developer documentation with relevant sample code to reduce grounds-up efforts of external developers.
- Develop and use all types of content types (workflows / process schematics / instructional videos / developer consoles) to simplify the user’s understanding of the Open API’s.
- Be the first to respond to developer queries on API forums and put effort to resolve the issue yourself, without needing to check with the core development organization.
- Use your extensive knowledge of the needs of developers and pass this feedback internally to develop the next set of Open API’s.
- Bachelor degree in computer science, technical writing, core sciences or equivalent experience.
- Minimum of 2 years’ experience in technical documentation, and / or developer outreach / technology partner management roles.
- Candidate must need to provide samples of API reference documentation
- Knowledge of tools such as Jekyll, WordPress, Adobe Framemaker, Oxygen XML author, Lucid Chart, Visio is a must.
- Experience using Git to manage asynchronous collaboration across large teams
- Experience with authoring documentation in Markdown is core.
- Familiarity with API documentation tools such as Swagger
- Knowledge of REST APIs is a must.
- Demonstrate experience in writing and proofreading of content, especially technology related content.
- Great communication skills and ability to work well with others.
- Ability to organize and create multimedia content to explain use cases and process flows.
- Ability to handle stressful, time critical projects and deliver great user outcomes.