Location: Newark, CA
The Customer Support Representative is an advanced technical solutions position in a high-volume fast-paced VoIP contact center. Responsibilities include all facets of the day-to-day operational execution from handling inbound calls into the Queue, following up on escalated issues from the corporate office, or calling back on open issues from Support tickets. Customer communication mediums include the telephone channel, email and chat-based interactions.
Currently, we are looking for bilingual Spanish and English candidates who are interested in joining our growing team!
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
- Serve as the main point of escalation for our offshore staff and corporate escalations at the executive level.
- Provide front line customer support in the companies tiered support model.
- Provide technical support to customers with the most difficult or challenging problems.
- Going the extra mile to follow up with customers, ensuring issues are resolved and customers are satisfied in a timely manner.
- Diagnose network, router or connectivity issues to help improve Quality of Service for calls.
- Apply troubleshooting techniques to resolve VOIP problems by utilizing packet captures and reviewing logs.
- Monitor telecommunication services that include our carriers, our telephony servers, etc.
- Provide root cause analysis of new issues and provide detailed analysis for our engineering teams.
- Provide customer updates on status of open issues or confirmation when issues are resolved.
- Prioritize impact of customer-facing issues for analysis and fixing by engineering teams.
- Apply expert knowledge of our companies services, VOIP technology and networking hardware and software.
- Report all product deficiencies and defects to the corresponding teams.
- Identify bugs and possible service impairments based on call trends and customer feedback.
- Test newly fixed bugs prior to deployment by the engineering team.
- Help maintaining customer facing and internal Support knowledge base articles.
Required Experience & Qualifications
- Possesses high technical aptitude.
- Ability to work efficiently in a highly demanding, team-oriented and fast paced environment.
- Experience driving continuous improvement in a complex product support role for a company known for its focus on customer service.
- Ability to communicate and empathize with all levels of customers – executives, external customers and engineers.
- Solid background with VOIP technology and terminology (VOIP, SIP, RTP, QOS, Codecs).
- Experience working with telecommunications and/or networking products
- Experience working very closely with technical teams to drive software or hardware improvements based on customer impact/feedback.
- Familiar with network performance testing software.
- Familiar with Customer Relationship Management software, RightNow a plus.
- Highly organized and results oriented.
- Excellent punctuality and attendance record a must.