Location: Palo Alto, CA
· Manage 30+ VMs supporting production, test and development environments for 60+ applications.
· Assess and refine the implementation of Carbon Black for intrusion and malware detection.
· Extend SolarWinds monitoring environment to include SSL certificate management, IoT and other network devices.
· Automate patching processes on Windows and Linux systems.
· Develop and document data backup procedures using VEEAM Backup & Replication Software
· Build, install, configure, analyze, tune, and troubleshoot operating system to achieve optimum performance levels.
· Resolve difficult system problems and provide consultation or training.
· Configure and assist in the design of system and network security.
· Manage hardware, software, and utilities for installation, modification, troubleshooting, maintenance, and upgrades of operating systems and workstation environments.
· Monitor and analyze resource usage to recommend/develop enhancements to system capabilities and performance.
· Compare, evaluate, and implement new technologies, and integrate systems into the computing environment.
· Document systems infrastructure for users, support and consulting personnel, and developers.
· Train personnel who provide support and consulting services to users.
· Act as liaison with various departments across campus.
· Facilitate vendor relationships.
* – Other duties may also be assigned
Education & Experience:
Bachelor’s degree and five years of relevant experience, or a combination of education and relevant experience.
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities:
· Experience with multiple types of operating systems or expert knowledge in one.
· Experience with managing an integrated computing environment.
· Extensive experience in multiple programming languages for system development.
· Experience with networked environments.
· Experience with network storage solutions.
· Experience with configuring and maintaining routers.
· Demonstrated knowledge of security protocols.
· Ability to manage shared resources and perform moderately complex tasks.
· Ability to work well independently and as a team member.
· Ability to train to others in applications and operating system fundamentals.
· Experience with middleware and infrastructure.