Location: Santa Clara, CA
D. GENERAL GUIDELINES
1. Recommends initiatives and implements changes to improve quality and services.
2. Identifies and determines cause of problems; develops and presents recommendations for improvement of established processes and practices.
3. Maximizes productivity through use of appropriate tools; planned training and performance initiatives.
4. Researches and develops resources that create timely and efficient workflow.
5. Prepares progress reports; informs supervisor of project status; and deviation from goals.
6. Ensures completeness, accuracy and timeliness of all operational functions.
7. Prepares and submits reports as requested and required.
8. Develops and implements guidelines to support the functions of the unit.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The items below are representative of the knowledge, skills, abilities, education, and experience required or preferred.
This position requires the ability to effectively establish and maintain cooperative working relationships within a diverse multicultural environment.
● Familiarity with office administrative functions, particularly in an academic library setting.
● Familiarity with general library operations.
● Excellent problem solving and people skills, scheduling skills, word processing, spreadsheet and statistical skills.
● Ability to train new employees and cross-train current staff.
● AA degree is required.
Years of Experience
● Minimum of one years in an academic library.