Location: Palo Alto, CA
• Oversee and answer community housing email account and phone calls.
• Meet with students seeking housing in the community and assist them in finding listings that meet their needs
• Meet Comcast personnel to set up, trouble-shoot, or change internet service in off-campus apartments
• Track voice mail messages from the central Housing Assignments account and answer simple requests.
• Answer email inquiries assigned by Student Service Officers
• Forward email messages that should be answered by another department within R&DE
• Assist Student Service Officers in eliminating duplicate inquiries from students either through email, voice mail, or in-person contact
• Assist Student Service Officers with various types of data entry assignments ensuring accuracy.
• Audit data entry done by others or by students during the application process
• Deliver and pick up items from off-campus locations
• Process rental verifications in person, email, fax – landlords, PAUSD, Government (CIA/FBI requests)
• Clerical duties including filing, copying, scanning, and faxing documents
o Fill coffee pot water tank
o Fill printer and copier with paper
o Check mail room
o Sign for packages
o Organize cabinets, clean out old brochures
o Scanning and faxing documents
• Experience in demanding, fast-paced and complex work environment that requires handling multiple priorities and competing tasks, activities efficiently and effectively.
• Ability to communicate effectively in both written and oral communication
• Ability to learn and apply policies and procedures to individual students.
• Ability to be flexible, manage ambiguity and change.
• Experience in a multicultural or diverse work setting.
• A minimum of six months experience working in a customer service position.
• Experience in a college or university setting desirable.
• Experience and comfort in using multiple computer applications such as Outlook, Word and Excel. Data entry experience using a data base system.
• Demonstrated experience working as part of a team and taking direction from others.
• Valid Driver’s license and ability to drive staff car to various off-campus properties.