Location: Santa Cruz, CA
Details: Covid vaccine required | Sunday-Thursday schedule
- Performs a variety of sales and cashiering activities using print encoding media (PEMs) and/or selling transit tickets, passes, and coupons; operates a cash register and performs credit card transactions; takes photographs of customers for purposes of creating identification badges; reconciles booth sales.
- Provides information to the public regarding transit services, including the location of bus stops, routes, detours, fares, transfers, and policies; responds to questions and explains different fare media to customers, photo identification, lost and found, and bus schedule publication and distribution.
- Creates ride reservations for customers in accordance with Americans with Disabilities Act (ADA) guidelines (paratransit eligible customers only) for single and/or multiple trips utilizing paratransit services.; negotiates trip options and times with customers and their service providers; calculates fares, arranges for client call-backs; processes cancellations and no shows; maintains related records and documentation.
- Receives and answers public information requests; receives and inputs compliments, complaints, and service improvement suggestions into the customer service database.
- Participates in outreach and public relations activities and may represent client at special events; may assist with the design and preparation of brochures, informational flyers, written articles, and news releases.
- Operates standard office equipment; utilizes computer software in performing job tasks.