Location: Scotts Valley, CA
Buyer/Planner is responsible for managing the suppliers (supply chain) for their assigned commodities. This includes material, components, and/or services starting with the sub-tiered supplier and all material processes and/or considerations along the way, up to the shipment and subsequent receipt of the product by our customers.
- Manage assigned suppliers and commodities to meet cost, delivery, productization, quality, and capacity objectives and ensure on-time delivery of orders, including recommending solutions, resources, and alternative supply options.
- Highly organized with the ability to pay close attention to details to optimize quality processes and increase efficiency.
- Excellent analytical abilities to identify quality problems and develop appropriate solutions in a timely manner.
- Follow documented processes and standard work procedures.
- Regularly track, evaluate, and report supplier quality and performance benchmarks and risks associated with the preferred supply base selection (On-Time Delivery, Lead Times, Capacity, etc.). Work with suppliers as needed to improve their KPI’s (Key Performance Indicators), such as On Time Delivery.
- Obtain quotes, and negotiate pricing, delivery, and terms with suppliers to meet Team objectives. · Plan material to meet production and place purchase orders for the procurement of production and non-production material, components, and/or services, as required by MRP, forecasts, production schedules, or authorized purchase requests as required.
- Make cost-effective purchasing decisions and supplier selections for considering potential price breaks versus the cost of carrying excess inventory. Supplier considerations include not just cost but capacity, flexibility to change, and reliability. (Total cost includes price, transportation/landed cost, quality, and on-time delivery.)
- Manage open Purchase Orders and maintain a continuous effort to eliminate material shortages daily; expediting, deferring, or canceling purchase orders as required, based on schedule and/or inventory changes.
- Ensure the timely resolution, communication, and mitigation of; PO issues, invoice discrepancies, returns, quality problems, etc.
Skills, Knowledge, Education & Experience:
- Results-driven, self-starter, who can work independently.
- Enjoys working on detailed tasks
- Good team player who can work efficiently with minimal supervision
- Keeps people informed and builds relationships
- Self-motivated, creative thinking, and strong problem-solving capabilities · Persistence with a desire to drive to the true root cause of problems/issues · Effective time management skills
- Confident decision-maker
- Strong computer skills, especially proficient in Excel, Word, and PowerPoint · Strong interpersonal skills with the ability to communicate cross-functionally at all levels
- Experience with PCA and Box Build Manufacturing
- Quick learner who handles complexity well
- Enjoys learning, is open to new ideas, innovative
- Willing to go the extra mile
- Experience in Electronics Industry, PCA, and Box Build Manufacturing · APICS CSCP certificate or equivalent (AKA: ASCM [Association of Supply Chain Management]) · Experience with SYSPRO