Location: Watsonville, CA
Schedule: Monday-Friday, 8:00am to 5:00pm
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Execute sourcing and selection processes for workforce needs, including the job posting, screening, interviewing, selection, documentation, compliance, correspondence, communication with candidates, coordinating offers, and finalizing the hiring process.
- Lead the recruiting process with a strong sense of urgency to minimize vacancies.
- Build a continuous candidate pipeline and create leads through various sourcing methods, including but not limited to cold calling, internet search, job boards, networking, social media, external referrals, employee referrals, career fairs, professional associations/organizations, college alumni/associations, applicant tracking system, diversity sourcing, etc.
- Exhibit passion for and possess substantive experience leading all facets of recruiting, beginning with the internal role and job clarity, sourcing candidate leads, identifying, screening, interviewing, and closing candidates in a highly competitive marketplace.
- Develop, track and report recruiting costs and recruiting metrics.
- Other duties as assigned; duties are subject to change as business needs deem necessary. • Interprets and explains HR policies, procedures, laws, and local/state or federal regulations. • Makes appropriate recommendations for corrective action that aligns with the company policies, practices, and culture.
- Recognizes compliance issues and suggests solutions or best practices to address issues. • Under the direction of the Corporate HR Management, conducts investigations on complaints and other high leveraged allegations.
Secondary Duties and Responsibilities:
- Work closely with Corporate HR Management to investigate and respond to local government agency inquiries including DOL, NLRB, and EEOC.
- Continually reviews policies for compliance with current laws and employment issues. Suggests solutions or best practices to address issues.
- Business Partner to the Corporate Departments related to personnel issues.
- Affirmative Action – run quarterly reporting to ensure applicant tracking is occurring with all locations • Responsible or timely filing of Government reporting (monthly quarterly, annually) for all companies i.e. (CA AG Labor report) including but not limited to: New Hire reporting).
- Manage the 401K Year-End Non-Discrimination testing, audit, and 5500 filings.
Skills, Knowledge and Abilities:
- Ability to multi-task while demonstrating strong organizational skills with a high rate of accuracy. • Time management skills with a proven ability to meet deadlines
- Self-starter, result-oriented, and the ability to work with a sense of urgency in a rapidly growing and changing environment
- Ability to work independently, prioritize objectives, and do several tasks simultaneously with interruptions • Ability to use independent judgment, initiative, and good human relations and problem-solving skills in the application of established procedures.
- Proficient computer skills including an understanding of HRIS systems and Microsoft Office software. • Ability to train incoming HR Team members with applications and systems
- Communication and Cooperation – Effectively communicate upward, downward, and laterally. Prevents unproductive responses and can convey core values and promote our image/brand to prospective job seekers. • Excellent communicator, with the ability to convey core values and promote our image/brand to prospective job seekers.
EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE:
- Bachelor’s degree in Human Resources or related field (or equitable job experience).
- 3+ years of proven HR experience
- Minimum of 3 years of full-cycle recruiting experience in a high-growth, team-oriented environment. • Intermediate knowledge of Microsoft Office, Excel, and PowerPoint
- Proficient with Google drives and shared drives to organize files
- Must have the ability to learn and apply working knowledge of local, state, and federal laws & regulations concerning employment (discrimination, harassment, wages, etc.)
- Bilingual Spanish/English
- SRHM Certificate
- Post-Bachelor’s degree in Business Administration, Org Development, or related field.