Location: Watsonville, CA
Schedule: Monday-Friday, 8:00am to 5:00pm (with possible OT)
The Senior Accountant Shared Services position is responsible for carrying out the accounting functions for corporate including oversight and control over fresh operations, company master data; and execution of Shared Services including GL, AP, Purchasing, AR, and Cash Application. This position performs a wide range of duties including supporting and assisting management with varied accounting tasks.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty in a satisfactory manner. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and ability required for this position. Reasonable accommodations may be made to ensure individuals with disabilities are able to perform the work functions.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Lead period-end close and related processes, including monthly reconciliations, budgets, forecasting, and analysis. • Fixed Asset Accounting/Cap-Ex Analysis and Lease Accounting.
- Shared Services: Lead and assist in the implementation, execution, and maintenance of Shared Service solutions across our network of locations. Shared Services may include Accounts Payable Cash disbursements, Cash receipt application, Purchasing, and Payroll Processing.
- Provides governance and leadership over Fresh Customer Master and Inventory Item Master files; and Company-wide Vendor Master file maintenance and Advanced Pricing.
- Provide support with the maintenance of Hubble Budgeting and Forecasting Forms
- Assists in the effort of reviewing and standardizing company Bill of Materials and helps coordinate company-wide standard cost changes along with the financial impact
- Treasury Maintenance and Wells Fargo company card administration
- Cross Train with Corporate Finance and provide facility Accounting support with close, reconciliations, and analysis • Survey operations to ascertain accounting needs and to recommend, develop, or maintain solutions to business and financial problems.
- Other tasks and responsibilities as required.
Secondary Duties and Responsibilities:
- Cost Accounting tasks include maintaining accurate standards and actual costs.
- Supports annual audits and tax preparation.
- Participate in periodic company-wide finance calls and meetings.
- Safeguard company assets.
SUPERVISORY RESPONSIBILITY: None
- Planning and Organizing – Engages in short and long-term planning, sets priorities to optimize time usage, adheres to schedules and plans.
- Creativity and Innovation – Initiates conceptual ideas with practical applications, develops creative strategies and opportunities, creative thinking and problem solving, promotes a creative climate.
- Judgment and Decision Making – Solves problems, considers relevant alternatives before making decisions, displays intuitive judgment, shows timeliness and conviction in making recommendations and decisions.
- Teamwork and Relationship-Building Skills – Assists team members in accomplishing their objectives by helping things go right, establishes effective working relationships and promotes team efforts.
- Adaptability and Change Management Skills – Ability to change to fit changed circumstances. Has the skill to multi-task and juggle competing priorities.
- Develops Subordinates or Self – Helps subordinates learn and grow, maintains current knowledge in the field. • Communication and Cooperation – Effectively communicate upward, downward, and laterally. Prevents unproductive responses, improves the effectiveness of communications and interactions with others.
- Accountability and Productivity – Holds themselves accountable to team members, accepts responsibility for their own decisions, sustains peak performance, and solves problems that impede productivity.
SKILLS, KNOWLEDGE, AND ABILITIES:
- Strong written and verbal communication skills
- Well organized and experienced in effective priority management
- Proficient technical skills in Accounting and Financial Analysis
- Strong knowledge of generally accepted accounting principles & cost accounting standards
- Positive and effective interpersonal skills; must be able to work well with others and be flexible with change and multi-tasking. • Must have strong intermediate to advanced skill level in Excel
- Must be self-motivated with the ability to work individually
- Must have strong computer skills including Microsoft Office and preferably experience with JD Edwards or similar ERP • Excellent analysis skills and cost accounting
EDUCATION & WORK EXPERIENCE:
- Bachelor’s degree in Accounting, Finance, or related field; Graduate degree (or professional accreditation) a plus • 3+ years progressive experience in general accounting and analysis
- Prior experience in food manufacturing or the agriculture industry
- Bilingual (English and Spanish) is highly preferred